Do you know any health snack which can be eaten in vrat or fasting? No…?? Let me tell you the answer, PHOOL MAKHANA, well known as fox nut. It is one of the snacks which are extremely light, digestible and healthy.
Let me be very honest with you, I have not been grew up eating this Fox Nut aka Lotus Seeds. But as my mom told me, I came to know that phool makhana can be eaten during the vrat or fasting. Many people eat this during navratri vrat.
• With plenty of anti-oxidants, Phool Makhana can help you look younger and make your skin glow.
• It has good fat and has a low quantity of saturated fats. Due to this feature, it makes phool makhana good weight-loss food.
• Lotus Seeds helps in preventing constipation and add bulk to the stool.
• If you are having fertility issues, fox nuts will come to help you.
• With high in magnesium and potassium and low in sodium, lotus seeds are an ideal snack for patients suffering from hypertension.
• In today’s scenario, when we all are facing some kind of mental health issues such as anxiety, depression and insomnia, makhana is a quick home remedy to solve all above mental issues. All you need to do is, soak a few dates and lotus seeds in water for a few hours. Drain them and put them in a blender along with a glass of milk. To add more sweet, you can add honey and consume this daily for few days and you will see a change in your lifestyle.
Apart from all snacking options we have, if you are searching for something healthy and light, then try this phool makhana from Chau Foods. Happy Eating!!